A Checklist for Finding The Right Web Design Firm
- Define your goals. What do you want your site to achieve?
- Reconcile your internal strengths and weaknesses. This will help when you outsource the job.
- Draw up a Request For Proposals. Be specific about your requirements and expectations.
- Set up a budget to prevent creeping expansion.
- When in doubt, establish a retainer relationship instead of specific prices.
- Include members from several of your company's departments to ensure different perspectives.
- Don't get carried away by the bells and whistles.
- Once you choose a design firm, set clear milestones and make sure they deliver to those milestones.
- Once the project is underway, request cooperation from the entire organization to ensure that it finishes on time.